Jan 10, 2008

Morse Code in Sam's Radio are the LOST Numbers!?

**UPDATED 1:36AMPST** With audio of LOST Numbers in Morse Code

It seems like the disturbance that Sam was receiving was indeed morse code and it sounds very similar to THE LOST Numbers (4,8,15,16,23,42). So by using a Morse Code Translator and inputting the LOST numbers you can hear the audio of the numbers in Morse Code which is embedded right here:



If you compare it to the audio disturbance it sounds quite similar.

So what do you all think...?? Another time anomaly or just radio waves bouncing off like when Hurley and Sayid picked up the radio signal??

Thanks to Hoku for all her detective work.

Check the screen cap I am sending! Go to that site and enter those parameters in the settings (to slow it and lower the pitch). Type in 4 8 15 16 23 42 and hit play. It sounds EXACTLY like the morse Kristen caught, and I heard it also on the radio. If you don't slow it down and lower the pitch it won't sound the same so you should put in the settings I did. What do you think????

Morse Code Translator: http://morsecode.scphillips.com/jtranslator.html


----------------------
Original Post:
Well as you all know there was some serious disturbance in Sam's radio, but do you think there is a pattern in the audio like morse code....??

Well thanks to Kristin, here is the audio isolated with the potential morse code.

Please let us know if you can figure anything out.



I paused tonight's video where there's the closeup of the radio in Sam's hands as he was attempting to find a clear signal. I was surprised when the audio of the radio buzzing continued even when the video was paused. I realized there was a repetitive pattern. Could it be a message in morse code? Morse code is certainly linked to Amelia Earhart. I captured the audio:
Direct Link:
http://kristin.newdream.net/find815/morse_code.mp3
Source: Find815

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

does anyone know how to ciepher morse code?

Hoku said...

I think I just solved it! Am emailing TheODI the info so he can post...

PopeJPMcD said...

I slept in a room with Morse code coming up from the basement for five years(my father's a ham) and while I never learned morse code, I could sleep to this....

Anonymous said...

Maybe Sam (Thomas) is hearing the same signal Sam Toomey heard years ago.

But what about that ghostly backward voice that occurs just before the radio transmission about Earhart starts? I tried to figure out what the voice says, but that failed due to my bad audio equipment.

Миљан Давид Танић said...

Sam Toomey heard the numbers, not in a morse code, as far as I remember and can find now on Lostpedia... Anyway, these signals don't sound similar to me, and the fact that it has a repetitive pattern has more to do with the fact that the whole background music and sounds repeate after some time in the game - like they usually do.

Morgan said...

In an earlier video there was a door slamming in Sam's house stuck on repeat- could that also have been morse code?

Unknown said...

i thought that i heard penny for a sec there or maybe its just me, something like ok mate or i dont know just guessin

Anonymous said...

Thanks for looking into this Hoku. I didn't have the patience at 12:30 AM. :)

Hoku said...

Both don't start at the same place in the loop, and if you account for that and the distortion and static on the radio loop, I think they match...

I am hoping someone who uses or used to use morse can listen and translate for us to confirm my theory!

Anonymous said...

I was wondering when the first video came out that the slamming window was morse code, but I figured it was just a loop of video. Now I wonder if we should go back and see if it was the numbers also.

Anonymous said...

Now, I really feel dumb!
I was getting freaked out during the door banging sequence in the first video--I thought my compy was messing up--but, then my musical side started kicking in and it sounded like a familiar interval...I'll try to figure it out.